Effective Date: March 26, 2020
This privacy notice sets out how ZCables (“ZCables” or “we”) use and protect any information that we may collect about you when you visit our website www.zcables.com and other websites operated by us (collectively the “Site” or “Sites”), or otherwise interact with our items and services (the “Services”).
Security and the protection of Personal Information are the cornerstones of the Services and we wish to be fully transparent about the ways in which we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information. Insofar as our Services process Personal Information, this Privacy Notice applies
II. WHAT WE MEAN BY "PERSONAL INFORMATION"
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means any information from or about a person or, where applicable, a household, that either reasonably identifies that person or, where applicable, a household, directly or that makes that person or, where applicable, a household, reasonably identifiable when it is combined with other information from or about that person or, where applicable, a household from any source.
III. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT AND FROM WHAT SOURCES?
(1) Data Collected Automatically
Most of the data we collect in and through the Site and the Services is technical in nature and is collected and processed automatically through cookies and similar software-based technologies used on the Site. Alone or in combination with other data, such automatically collected data may constitute Personal Information. The data we may collect by such automated means may include:
- The Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the site you visited before coming to our Sites, the URL of the site you visit after leaving our Site, the type of browser you are using and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address;
- Information about the products you have searched and/or viewed in the Services;
- Your interactions with the Sites; and
Google Analytics is an element of the Site. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the Site, the Internet Protocol address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Site. By using a browser plugin available at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/ provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
We and our advertising partners may also use web beacons. These web beacons are placed in the code of the Site.
(2) Data You Provide to Us
When you use the Sites or otherwise communicate with us in connection with the Services, we collect data that you provide to us directly. For example, we collect data when you engage in certain activities on the Site, such as purchasing items, creating an account, or scheduling an appointment, on and through the Site or over the phone. Some elements of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information when required, you may not be able to complete your chosen action.
The information you provide to us directly may include the following information that may, alone or in combination with other data, constitute Personal Information:
- Information you provide through ‘Contact’, “Join our mailing list,” “Create an Account”, functionalities, “Checkout”, “Swatch Checkout,” “Join Our Trade Program,” or “Chat,” including your name, e-mail, address, payment information, and any other information you decide to provide;
- Information you provide via email or using the contact details listed on various parts of the Sites, including your name, phone number, and any other information you provide to us;
- If you are one of our customers, suppliers or prospects, we may process limited Personal Information in the course of our business relation with you, for example when you place an order, request a demo or vice versa. Such Personal Information may include your name, company, title, e-mail address, telephone number, address, and order details; and
- Other information: We may also collect any other information you may want to share with us in and through the Site, such as Personal Information related to recruitment / job applications. Moreover, if you contact us for example using our live chat, a record of this correspondence may be kept.
We may also provide areas on our Site where you can publicly post information such as when you review products. This information may be accessible by other consumers and companies and may appear on other sites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a product review, you may receive unsolicited messages. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any Personal Information. We do obtain consent from our users to post their name along with their reviews.
IV. PURPOSES FOR OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The data collected in connection with the Site and the Services is used for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how the users of our Site as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To process transactions – We may use Personal Information when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Services.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey, or other Site feature.
- To ensure the health, safety, and security of our customers and staff. We may use the Health Information we collect solely for the purpose of ensuring the health, safety, and security of our customers and staff in connection with in-person appointments and for no other purpose.
- To send you the information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you. For example, we may use information you provide to email or text you to further discuss your interest in our services and to send you information regarding ZCables, its affiliates, and its partners, such as information about promotions or events.
- To comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities.
- To send periodic emails.
The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Site.
In addition to the above, we use Personal Information for our legitimate purposes of protecting our legal rights and the data we process, in connection with legal claims, and for compliance, regulatory, and investigative purposes. This may include sharing Personal Information with third parties, such as governmental authorities or law enforcement officials subject to applicable law.
V. WHO DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
We may disclose Personal Information you provide to us or that we collect automatically on the Site and in and through the Services with the following categories of third parties:
Service providers, such as logistics service providers, data storage service providers, marketing service providers, and communications service providers. Such service providers are only allowed to use Personal Information disclosed to them for the purpose of providing us the services and for no other purposes;
Public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; and
Our subsidiaries and affiliates; or a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Site and/or the Services and their advisors in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or in connection with bankruptcy proceedings, or other corporate reorganization, in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
VI. DATA RETENTION
Personal Information is only kept for as long as needed for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and for our legitimate business purposes, after which it is scrubbed, de-identified, anonymized or obfuscated as soon as possible unless otherwise required by applicable legislation. Personal Information we collect as a result of you subscribing to our newsletter will be stored until you decide to withdraw your subscription. We delete Health Information after 14 days from the date that you provided Health Information.
VII. DATA SECURITY
We maintain commercially reasonable risk-based security and data protection measures, which include end-to-end encryption for Personal Information in transit and encryption for Personal Information at rest. We limit access to Health Information to only those who have a need to know Health Information in performing their tasks. While we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties such as so-called hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not warrant or represent that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
VIII. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Site, we do not have any control over third party websites. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Privacy Notice. You should exercise caution and review the privacy notice applicable to the website in question.
The Sites and the Services are not intended for children under the age of 16. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 16 years of age. We do not intentionally collect, sell, or process the Personal Information of individuals under 16 years of age. For more information on the acceptable use of the Site, please see our Terms of Service here.
The following sets out how we may use different categories of cookies and your options for managing cookie settings:
|Type of Cookies||Description||Managing Settings|
|Performance cookies||These cookies collect information about how you use the Site, including which pages you go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. Information collected using performance cookies is only used to improve how the Sites function and perform. From time-to-time, we may engage third parties to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information relating to individuals who visit the Sites. We may also utilize Flash cookies for these purposes.||To learn how to opt out of performance cookies using your browser settings, click here. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.|
|Functionality cookies||Functionality cookies allow the Site to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, or your region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies also enable you to optimize your use of the Site after logging in. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on the Site to personalize your visit.||To learn how to opt out of functionality cookies using your browser settings, click here. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.|
Our Sites do not respond to do-not-track signals. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed above (e.g., by disabling cookies) as set out above.
XII. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may change from time to time, effective from the date mentioned in the updated version of the Privacy Notice. Please check the Sites periodically to review such changes in the Privacy Notice. We may email periodic reminders of our agreements and policies in the event of a change.